Jampa Ling is a meditation and retreat centre situated on a beautiful nineteenth century estate in County Cavan, Ireland. We are extremely fortunate to have His Holiness the Dalai Lama as a patron for over 25 years.
Jampa Ling was established in 1990 under the spiritual direction of Venerable Panchen Ötrul Rinpoche, who is a full-time resident there. The Centre is located on thirteen acres of land which include a mature birch forest and views of the spectacular Cuilcagh Mountains. The words ‘Jampa’ and ‘Ling’ together mean ‘place of loving-kindness’, and Jampa Ling is indeed a place of blessing, open to everyone, of all faiths and none.
Aside from organised Buddhist teachings and meditation training, people come to Jampa Ling just to enjoy its peaceful ambience and beautiful natural surroundings – a perfect environment for meditation and relaxation.
The two fundamental elements of Tibetan Buddhism are compassion and wisdom. Developing these qualities improves every aspect of life and ultimately brings the freedom of enlightenment with the capacity to help others effectively. Within that context, and under the guidance of Ven. Panchen Ötrul Rinpoche, our aims here at Jampa Ling are:
- To preserve the Tibetan Buddhist tradition and culture through teaching meditation and practice.
- To work for peaceful co-existence between all living beings.
- To create a meditative and educational environment in which people can find peace and loving-kindness.
- To promote interfaith dialogue at a deep spiritual level and in the context of the work for harmony on this island.
- To encourage conservation of the earth’s natural resources and to develop an awareness of the oneness and interdependence of existence.