The two fundamental elements of Tibetan Buddhism are compassion and wisdom. Developing these qualities improves every aspect of life and ultimately brings the freedom of enlightenment with the capacity to help others effectively. Within that context, and under the guidance of Ven. Panchen Ötrul Rinpoche, our aims here at Jampa Ling are:
- To preserve the Tibetan Buddhist tradition and culture through teaching meditation and practice.
- To work for peaceful co-existence between all living beings.
- To create a meditative and educational environment in which people can find peace and loving-kindness.
- To promote interfaith dialogue at a deep spiritual level and in the context of the work for harmony on this island.
- To encourage conservation of the earth’s natural resources and to develop an awareness of the oneness and interdependence of existence.