Ven. Panchen Ötrul Rinpoche’s Winter Teachings 2017/2018
This winter we were honoured that Ven. Panchen Ötrul Rinpoche taught from the text called ‘Easy Path.’ The teachings concluded with our Easter retreat, which took place from Friday 30th March to Monday 2nd April. The retreat was well attended and enjoyed by all. It was a led retreat which used meditations on the teachings given by Ven. Rinpoche during the winter. It was an opportunity to deepen our understanding of the teachings and integrate them into our daily life. We would like to express our sincerest thanks to Ven. Rinpoche for giving us these very important teachings and retreat.
Our summer programme is now online.. Please check out our website and sign up to our mailing list to keep you updated.
If you would like to keep in touch with our upcoming events please join our mailing list by clicking the following link – https://tinyurl.com/ybt2zt82
Mindfulness Association Mindfulness Level One: Being Present
Course taught over four weekends with MA tutors Jane Negrcyh and Kati Simpson
9-10 June 2018, 25-26 August 2018, 27-28 October 2018 and 1-2 December 2018
To book the first weekend of this course please contact email@example.com, after attending the first weekend you can book the further three weekends and pay in monthly instalments. The cost is £150.00 per weekend including manuals.
The course runs from 10am till 5pm on Saturday and Sunday at Jampa Ling, Bawnboy, Co. Cavan, Ireland.
The course is ideal for beginners, for those who have previous experience of Mindfulness and who want to develop their practice and for those who wish to go on to train to teach Mindfulness. This course takes place over four weekends spread out over a nine month period and aims to enable participants to establish an effective and regular daily Mindfulness practice so as to help our minds to settle and stabilise. Participants will be taught progressive skills in Mindfulness through presentations, guided practices and smaller group sessions. A strong emphasis is placed on experiential learning and for this reason there are home assignments between weekends that include regular Mindfulness practice, daily life exercises and journal writing.
- Wilson’s Hospital School Visit
As part of their curriculum second year students from Wilson’s hospital visited our centre. They were given a presentation on the life of the Buddha, along with a questions and answers session. Afterwards they had the opportunity for a meditation in the shrine room before concluding their visit with a group photograph along with Ven. Rinpoche.
- Transition Year Mindfulness Meditation at Jampa Ling
As part of their curriculum, Transition Year students from St Mogue’s College in Bawnboy are taking part in a Mindfulness Meditation in Jampa Ling
- Transition Year Students in the Garden
The transition year students from St Mogue’s College in Bawnboy are getting involved in our garden. They will make a few visits to our garden prior to the end of their academic year. Aisling, our head gardener, will be giving them instructions in gardening and providing them with necessary skills, such as plant and herb identification, and sowing seeds.
- Yoga and Meditation Weekend – Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th March
Isabella led a Yoga and Meditation weekend. The retreat incorporated various asanas suitable for all abilities, pranayama (breathing exercises) and breath awareness from different styles of yoga, including Hatha Yoga, Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. The cost of the workshops goes towards the House fund.
- U3A (University of the Third Age) visit Jampa Ling for a tour, refreshments, meditation and lunch
- Working hard in the garden for the Work Weekend on 7th & 8th April
- Silent Meditation Weekend 14th & 15th April – some first time meditators and some very experienced attended; a weekend suited to all abilities
- Pupils from Moyne College in Ballina visit Jampa Ling for a presentation on the Life of the Buddha and a tour of the grounds and stupa. The pupils came with 10 questions which were answered by students of Rinpoche
- St Mogue’s College, Bawnboy, Transition Years come again for a session in the garden with Aisling and an explanation of our labyrinth by Evelyn
- One Day Yoga Workshop, Gentle Stress Relief on 28th April – a relaxing day suitable for all. Some first timers and some experienced attended
- Meditation for Beginners on 29th Attended by both first timers and some experienced meditators. A weekend suited for all abilities
- Two Recovery Groups attended Jampa Ling for lunch and an overnight stay, along with a tour and meditation by Lobsang and Desmond, and yoga with Isabella.
Weekly and Daily meditations and Practices at Jampa Ling Centre.
Yoga with Isabella
One of our volunteers, Isabella, offers weekly yoga classes in Jampa Ling, as well as some evening workshops. Please contact us for further information. Donations are in aid of the House Fund.
Come and join us every Wednesday for our community gardening day from 10am.Our main gardener, Aisling, will be there and she and the other volunteers would really love you to give them a hand.
Meditations at Jampa Ling
We have three meditation practices every day at Jampa Ling. We also have two additional meditation practices – Meditation for Beginners every Monday night from 7pm to 8pm and a Mindfulness/Awareness Mediation every Wednesday night from 7pm to 8pm – both are in Tara House. There is no need to book to come to these, just simply show up. They are donation-based.